Intercity Packers is proud to be an exclusive supplier of Sakura Farms premum pork. Sakura Farms pigs are raised without the use of Ractopamine (a drug commonly used as a feed additive to promote leanness) and are vegetable grain fed. The exclusive Sakura Farms premium pork program is designed with the following criteria:
- The farms are all accredited under the Canadian Quality Assurance Program (CQA) the on-farm food safety program for Canadian hog producers.
- the farms adhere to strict feeding guidelines
- the farms operate under the highest standards for environmental stewardship, and animal welfare
- the animals are raised in the traditional methods by the multigenerational farm families
- the farmers are self sufficient and grow their own feed.
The results are high quality, healthy, and delicious pork. Not all Sakura Farms pork make the grade required for the premium pork program. A rigorous inspection program ensures that only those pork cuts that meet our exacting criteria for colour, size, marbling, conformation and cut specification are selected for Intercity’s exclusive Sakura Farms Pork.