Portion Control steaks are cost effective. While they are perceived to be more expensive than subprimals, the reality is, cutting steaks in your restaurant requires time, space and labor, resources you may not have.
At Intercity Packers we pride ourselves on cutting steaks to any specification and standard. With our expert meat cutters (20-30 years experience) we can show all the advantages of purchasing portion control steaks. No more unnecesary yield loss, no more irregular and odd shaped steaks and no more injury liabilites. Plus, you will know your exact steak portion cost!
We offer a variety of steaks from New Yorks to T-Bones to Tenderloins. You want center cut, baseball cut or west coast cut – Yes, we do! Bone In, Bone Out or Frenched – Yes, we do! Contact your Sales Representative and let us do the cutting for you.
EIGHTEEN REASONS FOR USING PORTION CONTROL
- PORTION COST CONTROL is easy and simple. The exact number of portions in a pound of meat is known even before the meat is purchased. Cost control on every seating.
- THERE IS NO WASTE.Every ounce of beef bought can be served. No trimming or boning by the restaurant is necessary.
- UNIFORM COOKING TIME is possible because all cuts on an order of beef are the exact same size, shape and weight so they will all require the same cooking time. This eliminates the chance of some cuts being overdone while others are underdone.
- LITTLE IF ANY LABOUR is required. Only the cooking job remains to be done. Pre-breaded cuts are also available.
- NO SKILLED PERSONNEL NEED TO BE EMPLOYED for cutting meat. We pay highly skilled meat cutters to prepare the portion-ready products so the customer doesn’t have to.
- NO DISGRUNTLED CUSTOMERS because of uneven portions. They are all the same size, shape, and dimensions.
- EASIER SANITATION MAINTENANCE. There is no mess of cutting.
- NO LEFTOVERS. Portion-ready cuts can be taken right from the refrigerator as the demand requires.
- LESS EQUIPMENT is needed to serve meals since no preparation prior to cooking is necessary.
- UNIFORM QUALITY is strictly maintained by purveyors you can trust.
- SMALL INVENTORY is required. This means that fewer dollars need to be invested in unused beef and waste.
- NO NEED TO BE “OUT” of a particular meat order. A supply of portion-ready beef on-hand means there is a serving instantly available any hour.
- LOSS DUE TO PILFERAGE can be eliminated. The inventory can be entrusted to one person and responsibility fixed.
- NO LOSS DUE TO SPOILAGE
- With STANDARDIZED PORTION CONTROL a restauranteur is able to run several units and maintain quality control.
- Kitchen staff can concentrate on CREATING VALUE-ADDED beef dishes with ENHANCED PLATE PRESENTATIONS. They have more time to devote to other areas of the operation.
- SMALL CASE SIZES allow operation to feature several beef items at a low inventory cost.