Certified Angus Beef is the world’s #1 beef brand for quality, promising exceptional taste with every mouthwatering bite. For over a quarter of a century, the Certified Angus Beef Brand has been marketed in over 50 countries in thousands of restaurants where they truly care about a discerning premium beef experience.
The brand is trusted throughout the world for its quality and reliability. It is the only Angus Beef Program approved and monitored by the American Angus Association. Less that 8% of all beef in North America and only one-in-five Angus style cattle can achieve the Certified Angus Beef Brand.
Certified Angus Beef must excel in several categories before it can be “rolled” or marked with the Certified Angus Beef symbol.
– Modest or higher marbling – for the taste that ensures customer satisfaction.
– Medium or fine marbling texture – the white “flecks of flavor” in the beef that ensure consistent flavor and juiciness in every bite.
– Only “A” maturity is accepted, the youngest classification for beef – ensures superior color, texture and tenderness.
– 10 to 16 square inch ribeye area.
– Less than 1,000 pound hot carcass weight.
– Less than 1 inch fat thickness.
– Superior muscling restricts influence of dairy cattle.
– Practically free of capillary rupture ensures quality appearance.
– No dark cutters ensures consistent appearance and flavor.
– No neck hump exceeding 2 inches safeguards against Brahman cattle – influence which have more variation in tenderness.
Intercity Packers became a licensed distributor of Certified Angus Beef products, exclusively serving the Western Canadian Marketplace, in 1996. Now, all of our three plants are licensed to distribute and fabricate Certified Angus Beef products.
We offer a full range of sub-primals and portion cut steaks in the highest quality Branded Beef Program Certified Angus Beef (C.A.B.) and C.A.B. Prime. Yes, we do!